Safety Tips for Holiday Travel
By Sumonto Chatterjee.
It’s holiday time! Time to unwind. Time to spend quality moments with family and friends. It is time to go on a much-awaited tour. So, ...
It’s holiday time! Time to unwind. Time to spend quality moments with family and friends. It is time to go on a much-awaited tour. So, pack your bags and book your tickets to relaxation.
But be careful not to let your holiday turn into nightmare and arrive back home more distressed than ever. A small flaw in the planning can mar your holiday. Overlooking a small matter can become a major problem to the enjoyment of you tour.
India is a safe country. But the unwary tourist often gets caught in problems or become the target of frauds and misses out on the pleasures of a trip. Take safety precautions when planning a tour. Here are some tips for a safe travel:
1. Gather information: Gather as much information as you can of place(s) you wish to visit. This includes information on accessibility, weather, trains and buses, hotels, places of interest. The powerhouse of information – the internet – can be a useful tool in this matter.
2. Plan your itinerary well: Just don’t fix the dates of your onward and return journeys. Plan the whole tour carefully. Then there would be nothing vague about the trip, and your trip will be more enjoyable. You will also not be spending more than your budget.
3. Book your hotels in advance: Yes, book your hotels in advance, especially in the festive season, when there is always a demand for hotel rooms. It is also not safe to reach a place with your family in the middle of the night and start hunting for a hotel. Touts could give you a raw deal. Search the net, many sites offer good discount. Stay in a good hotel for your safety.
4. Book your tickets in advance: Book your tickets – air, trains or buses – in advance. Never wait till the last moment. Don’t fall prey to touts. Go online.
5. Remember to take your medicines: If you are on medication, don’t forget to take your medicines. Your health is important. Neglect may lead to serious trouble.
6. Travel light: Take only the essentials. Travel comfortably. Avoid paying for extra luggage. Light baggage makes transport a lot easier. But don’t forget to take clothes that the weather demands you to wear.
7. Handling valuables and money: Don’t wear valuables and invite trouble. You are on a tour to relax and enjoy yourself and not to showcase your jewelry. Keep them safe at home. Be careful with your money and Credit/Debit Cards. Don’t flash your cash. Divide your money and keep them in different pockets and bags.
8. Beware of strangers: Beware of people who are over friendly. Never accept food or drinks offered by them. Those may be spiked. Nothing can be more stressful if you wake up to find your belongings gone.
9. Take care of Children: If you are travelling with your child/children, be extra careful. Make your child/children memorize your address and phone number. Better still, make an ID with name, address and phone number. If necessary, accompany your child/children to the toilet/lavatory. Hold their hands in the crowd. Avoid people trying to be over friendly with your child/children. You cannot judge a person’s intention from his/her face. Be over-protective, if necessary.
10. Documents: Carry copies of EPIC Card/AADHAR Card/Driving License and ID’s for children. You will need to submit ID’s for each member of your family for hotel bookings. Scan or photocopy these documents and produce when needed.
11. Itinerary details with friends and family: Leave your itinerary details with you family and friends. This will be of immense help in case of an emergency.
12. Secure your home: Secure your home before you leave. You don’t want to return after your tour to a house cleaned by burglars.
13. Avoid drugs: Don’t indulge in taking drugs while on your tour. The result may not be good for you or your family. Use your discretion in the use of alcohol. Don’t destroy your vacation.
14. Use Technology: Also use technology for you safety. Use Safety apps (Android & iOS). These Apps provide you with solutions for monitoring your safety as well as capturing your exact geo-location. They help you to send emergency signals with critical information to authorities and emergency contacts. Such a Safety App installed in your phone will give you added advantage.
So enjoy your vacation. Mix with the people where you go. Know the traditions and culture of the place. Drink in the sights. Savour local cuisine. Be alert, Stay safe!
ASADELTECH™ collaborates with its European partner, Passy Experience Ltd. (PEL), a private company, established in 2008 for developing iSOSu™, a safety and emergency responder App. PEL has success...
ASADEL Technologies enters into strategic tie up with Bulgarian firm
ASADELTECH™ collaborates with its European partner, Passy Experience Ltd. (PEL), a private company, established in 2008 for developing iSOSu™, a safety and emergency responder App. PEL has successfully negotiated with Brussels, Washington D.C., New York and EU member states capitals for membership of Bulgaria in NATO and the EU. PEL also has created a treasury of networking contacts, for development of the ideas of free market economy and expansion of the Euro-Atlantic space to the East and South.
Founder of Passy Experience Limited, Dr Solomon Passy, a Bulgarian scientist, statesman, and innovator, founder and President of the Atlantic Club of Bulgaria (since 1990), Foreign Minister in the Government of King Simeon II (2001-2005), Chairman-in-Office of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) in 2004. He represented Bulgaria at UN Security Council and was its Chairman (September 2002 and December 2003), and was nominated by Bulgaria for Secretary General of NATO (2009).
As Foreign Minister he negotiated and signed Bulgaria’s accessions to NATO (2004) and EU (2005) – projects which he initiated as Member of Parliament back in 1990.
Dr Passy served as Chairman of the Parliamentary Committees on Foreign Affairs (2005-2009) and Foreign Affairs, Defense and Security (2001). He was a Member of Parliament in three legislations (1990-1991, 2001-2005, 2005–2009) and the first CEE Vice-President of the Atlantic Treaty Association (ATA ISchoenen), Paris (1996-1999) and Chair of the Transparency and Accountability Committee of the Parliamentary Assembly of OSCE (2006-2009).
In the 1980s Dr Passy was active in anti-establishment and pro-democratic movements. He holds a Ph.D. in mathematical logic, entitling him to the honorific title Dr Passy, and was a computer scientist at Sofia University and the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (1979-1994). Passy and his wife Gergana are co-authors of the EU Universal USB charger for GSM (2008-2014) and he is a pioneer of Bulgaria’s Antarctic presence and membership in the Antarctic Treaty.
Founding Chairman of ASADELTECH™, Partha(PSGP) is an engineering professional turned entrepreneur with 28 years of experience in various senior & strategic leadership positions, corporate functions. He has served Wipro Limited (a NYSE listed Engineering & IT Company Head Quartered in India) for more than 26 years. As Senior Vice President & Head – Corporate Affairs, he led Wipro’s public affairs & government relations in New Delhi, state governments, and in various countries including US and EU member nations.
Partha has also served as Vice President & Global Business Head of Defense, Aerospace & Security. He also spear-headed the product engineering and embedded technology group for Aerospace, Defense & Space (ADS). In Feb 2015 Partha founded ASADEL Technologies. He also Co-Founded SafetyKart Retail Pvt. Ltd., an e-commerce venture based out of India focusing on personal safety products and owner of an unique hygiene product, PeeSafe™.
Partha has remained member of several key committees in CII (Confederation of Indian Industries) and FICCI. He has been invited member of many Committees of Gov. of India. He has also served on the Board of a JV Company between Wipro Limited and GMR Group (WAISL). Partha holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering from Calcutta University and is a rank holder.